Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Wish it were Wednesday...

...cause that's my Veg Box day.
theSaevas love fruit and vegetables of all kinds, and we eat a lot of them. We get a delivery of local organic fruit and vegetables on Wednesdays. They come straight from the farm, usually still covered in mud. Danny jokes that they dip the veg in mud to increase its authenticity. It's like Christmas for me, opening that box to discover what delights await me that week.


Kate gets just as excited as I do. "Look mommy! More fennel. So yuuuuuumy!"



Michael is too little to get excited about the veg box like Kate & I do, but he reaps the benefits of fresh pureed food. (And for the record, he has come around to the parsnips. I guess he just gave up and acquiesced to eating them). I've never met a fruit or veg that I don't like, and I fervently hope to install the same love in my children.

1 comment:

Melissa Halford said...

Yall are so good and healthy. What an example to our family who downed some meatball subs with purple fierce gatorade!