

I was a bit surprised to find that Gaelic is still a spoken language in many parts of Ireland. I had always thought it to be like Latin, a dead language.
So when we went to Dingle and heard many of the town people speaking in Gaelic, it was a pleasant surprise.
The Dingle Peninsula, in case you didn't know, is the most western part of Europe. And one of the most picturesque.
my parents and I in front of the At-a-lantic ocean. It smelled *so* salty and delicious. 
I don't think you can tell in this photo, but all of the sheep are painted different colors, so that the owners can tell what family the sheep belongs to. 
What happens when Big Bird meets Colonel Sanders. 
We could not figure out why this guy was dressed this way, but it made us laugh.
Gallarus Observatory, built between the 7th & 8th century and the best preserved early Christian Church in Ireland. And, um it is small. Fits about 5 adults inside. 
An example of the Celtic stonework that was evident all over the area.
The Celts would make these stone walls with no mortar or anything to bind the stones. 
Monday, July 20, 2009
Daingean Uí Chúis
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This is BEAUTIFUL!!
I loved Dingle and could have spent so much more time there, glad you enjoyed it too!
Post a Comment