Friday, July 17, 2009

Water Babies

My poor kids don't have the carefree summer days that we get in the US. City life plus cool summers preclude outdoor water play. I'm very wistful when I see pictures of all my friends and their kids enjoying backyard swimming pools, sprinklers, and slip & slides. To me, that is what childhood summers should be, complete with messy popsicles and watermelon.

So when we went to Italy, the kids were both very keen to just spend the entire day in the pool. Kate reminded me that she needs swimming lessons when we move back to the States, "because she doesn't know how to swim, and that is dangerous". She is so very practical. It got quite cool in the evenings, and I had to literally drag them out of the pool once their lips went blue.




Michael loved being thrown up in the air like this, and would start signing 'more' before he was even down. Poor Danny's arms were about to give out.

No comments: