Friday, June 20, 2008

MIchael 8 & 9 Months

Poor second child syndrome. He's getting his 8 & 9 month pictures combined into one post.

8 Months old and already knows how to Gig 'Em. That's my boy!




I remember right about this stage with Kate that it started getting very difficult to take these photos.

"Oh, what's that?"




I gave him the lens cap to try to distract him, but it didn't make for a very good photo.


"Ha Ha Mom! You'll never get a photo of me sitting still again!"



"Hurry up and take the picture or I think I'll just lunge off this couch"



Finally, a decent picture. Or, as good as I'm going to get.




He weighs 18.5 pounds, which puts him in the 25% for both height and weight. His head is in the 50%. Big brains and all.
He has his two bottom teeth already. Kate didn't cut her first tooth until after she turned one, so it is strange to me to have a little baby with chompers. He isn't crawling yet, but he can scoot backwards on his tummy and forward on his bottom. He tries to go from sitting to all fours, but invariably pitches forward and bonks his head on the floor. Since we don't have any carpet in our house, this makes for some hard falls.

He is very much a grabber. He goes for anything within reach. In line at Disney, he grabbed countless strangers hair, and even an older lady's boob, much to my horror. (she was behind us in line, wearing a very busy printed shirt. I think he liked the pattern. Luckily, she didn't seem to mind.)

3 comments:

Alexis said...

He's adorable! I love his baby legs.

A is for Audrey said...

ditto on the adorable, and i love his uk pants!

Stephanie said...

Look at that little Brittish pumpkin!!! I'm gonna squeeze those cheeks!