Friday, May 02, 2008

Almost-3 Year Olds are Funny

Kate is so hilarious lately. Some of the things she says just crack me up.

Here are a few of them, so I don't forget.

-Every morning she comes upstairs to our bedroom, where I am usually feeding Michael in bed. This morning she climbed up in bed, and before I could even say anything to her, she sighed and said "I know Mom, you love me. You don't have to tell me anymore."

-Forget imaginary friends. She has an imaginary mouse. Apparently, she told her teachers and her friends at school that the Easter Bunny brought her a mouse (and they believed her). Now, she has to examine her boots before she puts them on, because her mouse is usually hanging out in there. So she takes the mouse out and puts him in the dresser drawer while she is wearing her shoes. I have to give the mouse lots of kisses and pets every day.

-Yesterday, she asked me what Daddy was doing at work. I told her I didn't know, and she replied that "Daddy has to go to work to get some pocket money. Then he'll buy me some ice cream".

-I have this little handheld video game thing that has long since broken. Kate as taken it on as her blackberry/iPod. She carries it around and shows me & Michael pictures on it. (Danny does this with his BB & iPod). She'll push a button to advance between pictures and tell me who is in each picture. She showed me a picture of Lesley this morning. I asked her what Lesley was doing in the picture, and Kate told me that Lesley was making cookies for Kate. CHOCOLATE cookies.

-She is very into picking out her own outfits. I'm trying to teach her about how to match colors so that she doesn't look like a clown. So now if she is wearing a purple shirt, she has to wear purple undies, purple socks, purple pants, and a purple bow. Polka-dot dresses need a pd shirt, pd undies, pd tights and a pd headband. So much for not looking like a clown!

-Last night, during her bedtime prayers, she asked Jesus to make her a princess.

She is also picking up some very British terms. Diapers are "Nappy", pants are "trousers", other kids are "children" , trash is "rubbish", trash can is "bin", potty is "toilet", going pee is "wee-wee", and cleaning up is "tidy up". I get strongly corrected if I use the wrong word.


Michael is still too young to say funny things, but he does have deliciously chubby thighs. Look.


1 comment:

Alexis said...

LOL! I love that she asked Jesus to make her a princess.

Those thighs! YUMMY! Michael is giving Sofia a run for the money when it comes to chubby thighs.