Friday, February 27, 2009

Yum, Yum

Most everyone knows that the flavors of chips (crisps) here are quite different than what you would find in the US. No sour cream & onion or BBQ flavors, or my personal favorite, Cheetos. But what you will find are Prawn Cocktail, Roast Chicken, Steak & Onion, even Marmite.



Even so, I was still surprised to see this bag staring at me yesterday in the store:



That's right. Squirrel. The cute little guys who bury acorns in your backyard.
I know that squirrel is a trendy flavor right now in the haute cuisine world, but I don't think that I am adventurous enough to try it. Even in crisp form.

This little guy thanks me for it.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I was about to say that I probably have you beat in terms of weird flavors, but I can't top squirrel. Ick!

Though, I did go a dinner last night where one of the items on the table was a bowl of ham in coagulated blood. (No, I didn't try it. :-))