That's right. While you were all enjoying a balmy weekend in your Easter finery, we were cooped up in the house with snow and below freezing temps. I think my body is starting to shut down. I can't take much more of this weather!
So we made the best of the weekend by doing various Easter activities.
First, you start by dressing up in your best Easter bunny/fairy/doctor outfit.
Then, we decided to dye eggs. Egg dying is not a traditional activity here, so we went retro and used the old food coloring and vinegar method. We even used brown eggs, since they don't sell white eggs here.
Now, we wait. And wait. Getting those brown eggs to turn colors took a long time!
A little rustic looking, but not too bad.
Kate had smurf hands by the time we were done. She thought it was hilarious, until it didn't wash off. Then the crocodile tears started. Her hands were blue for 3 days (and mine too, but I didn't cry about it).
We also baked a plethora of cookies. Just in case you were wondering, I clearly don't have a future as a baker. They tasted yummy, but weren't exactly Martha-worthy.
And yeah, there is one cookie that looks like it was iced with the blood of the easter bunny. It was supposed to be pink. oops.
The mess when we were done. I was going to post on here that it was Kate's fault, but what kind of jerk blames things on their 2 year old? With the exception of her knocking over the box of sugar, the rest of the mess was mine.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
I'm Dreaming...of a White Easter?
Posted by
Laura
at
8:25 AM
Labels: Easter 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm so glad you posted in my blog. I was wondering if you guys had one too. I'm going to catch up on reading but I love the Easter festivities...I hear ya on blaming it on your 2 year old. I was going to blame Ella in my blog for messing up our Purim cookies but thought better of it. :)
Good to hear from you, thanks for your kind words.
Post a Comment