Monday, September 01, 2008

Hey Pen Pals...

I've been meaning to post that although it "officially" costs around US $0.94 to mail something to us here in London, all of our mail has been forwarded with just the regular old $0.42/whatever it is now stamps.
So break out your stationary and send us a letter.

In case you didn't hear, A&M lost the season opener to....Arkansas State. Danny stayed up to listen to the game on the internet and it made for a very grumpy Sunday around here. Danny is convinced that we jinxed our team because we all forgot to wear our Game Day shirts.

We're busy this week getting ready for our visitors. Tyler, Lesley and Baby Alex are coming on Friday! We are soo excited and Kate is beside herself. Every morning she wakes up and asks "How many more days?". She wanted to pick out all the outfits she could wear while they are here. Which means that she may look like this most days. She loves her some accessories.

She even wanted to save some cheerios for Baby Alex this morning ("We'll just leave these here until Saturday for Baby Alex").

Today when I dropped her off at preschool, she was quite sad because her little best friend's last day was last week. She was crying and asking where Rohan was, and I reminded her that he wasn't there anymore because he moved to Africa with his family. She asked me why they moved there, and I told her I didn't know, that maybe his daddy got a new job, or they wanted to be closer to their family. Kate stopped crying and looked up at me and said through her tears: "Or maybe Rohan just needed to go get a haircut". Uh, okay.

No comments: