Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Meooooow

A few weeks ago, there was a free little kid's festival at St. Pancras International Train Station. I thought that it might be fun, and so I took the kids. I know, the line to hand me the award for Most Fun Mom forms to the left. A festival at a train station? I'm sure my children feel so lucky.

We saw a Punch and Judy show, which is Britain's oldest puppet show. It was not really appropriate material for children but I figured Kate didn't really get the dry British humor, so we hung around for a bit.



But the big hit of the day was the face painting. She told the lady that she wanted "a flower, a butterfly, and a cat". When pressed to choose just one, she decided on the cat. She was so enamoured with herself. She kept looking in shop windows, and came home and just stared at herself in the mirror for a solid 10 minutes.

2 comments:

mrs boo radley said...

Fabulous paint! Love it!

Amy McCown said...

You do get a fun mom award! I love that there are so many fun things like that to do over here.