Monday, October 12, 2009

The Great Outdoors

After living in the middle of a concrete jungle, it is so refreshingly wonderful to be able to walk out the door into nature. I love being outdoors, and I believe it is very important for children to appreciate the wondrous Earth that mother nature has provided.
I love being able to take the kids outside to collect leaves & acorns, hunt for insects, & roll around in the grass. We look for deer, woodchucks, & frogs. We listen to the birds serenading us as we enjoy the fresh air blowing in our hair. It won't be too long before the leaves all fall away, the animals curl up in their warm dens, and the ground is frozen solid.


3 comments:

Gulley Gang said...

Hey girl, great pictures yet again! Wanted to tell you I said hello to Coreil for you. He was blown away when I told him how we stumbled upon one another through Judie. He agreed, what a small world! He'll be with us in Thanksgiving, would be cool if we could all get together.

Gulley Gang said...

Would it be ok if I added you to my list of friends? I love reading about your adventure and it would make things easier if I just added you on my end instead of going through Judie's first.

Laura said...

Tam-of course!!
Thanks for reaching out to John for me. Danny said that john found him on FB, so he is happy. It is such a crazy small world sometimes!

Another random coincidence: your old college roommate (I think, one of your old posts), Olivia, was engaged to another one of D's corp buddies in college, and they were all friends back then too.

Where are you guys living now? We won't be back to TX this year for Thanksgiving, but we will be there in Feb.