American life is not good fodder for blogging. What do I write about?
The fact that Kate gets confused at school when the teacher asks about their favorite holiday and Kate answers "Italy" while the other kids say "Christmas"? The fact that we are still living in temporary housing, while we burn the pavement looking for that perfect house? Or perhaps the fact that Kate has suddenly developed a keen interest in All Things God since she has been at her (Catholic) pre-school. Today at lunch, Kate asked me where God was. I replied that He is everywhere, and she skeptically looked at me. "Even in the refrigerator? What is He doing in there?". Or how yesterday, she asked me if God wore Princess underwear?
We took the kids into the City on Sunday. We were going to visit the Central Park Zoo, but decided to bag it in favor of just walking around and eating at Shake Shack. Kate and Michael had their first milkshakes, and both seemed to approve whole-heartedly.
After we parked and walked out of the garage, Kate was gobsmacked at the skyscrapers. I realized that she had never seen one, as they do not exist in London (Europe?). She kept asking why the buildings were so tall, and how they were built that way.
We took the kids to Central Park and let them play at the playground for a couple of hours. There is a huge rock, perfect for scampering about, and Kate had a blast. 
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
This American Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I love the part about 'holiday'. Hope you continue to enjoy your time back here. Interesting about the skyscrapers.
Now I'm in suspense, what was your response to the question about princess underwear?
I like the holiday as well. It is interesting watching their take on all of these new things.
Love that you said "gobsmacked"!
I am cracking up because Jack is going through the same things while learning about God is his new school!!
Man, can not tell you how much we can relate now that we are home again. Crazy to think my 5 year old's passport is completely full due to all the traveling we did the past three years. It's definitely hard to be back, but Cade is doing well at school and that's all a parent could hope for. Would love to meet you guys some day now that we are both back. I know we will always be able to relate on levels many can't. Welcome home!
Post a Comment