
Brits refer to any American as a "Yank", and now it will be official. We are moving to New York in August.
We are very, very sad not to be going back to Arkansas. Our friends and house are there. Hopefully it won't be long before we can make our way back down South. Those of you who know me well know that I don't do cold. So winter in the Northeast is going to absolutely kill me.
There is so much to do before we head back across the pond, and I'm starting to get just a tad overwhelmed thinking about the logistics of not only moving back to the US, but going to a completely new area and having to find a house, schools, and making new friends.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Yankee Doodle Dandy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
We're only about an hour away and Aubrie can't wait for Kate to move to NY! and the winters are not that bad :)
Kristen-
We are so excited about being so close to you guys. Kate asked if we were going to live with you guys, in your house. Pretty soon Tyler will be running around with Michael too!
Laura, you make friends where ever you go. You'll be fine! Looks like you all took advantage while you've been over there to see and do lots. I've enjoyed the pictures.
That is exciting news and the start of another adventure. Just look at it as taking baby steps towards getting back to AR. Did you ever get in touch with mine and the Halfords friend Jamie while she was in London? She just moved back to NYC and she is very fun. good luck with your move.
Debbie-You are so sweet. I've found it very difficult to meet people here, but I'm hoping it will be easier in the US!!
Amy- We never got a chance to meet up, but we are FB friends. I'll have to message her and ask her for advice. Thanks for reminding me!
I'm so excited for you! Where in NY? Expat life has probably prepared you well for life in the northeast with all those Yankees. :-) Good luck with all the packing and transitioning!
Wow! That will be neat...how long will you be in NY?? I just wish it was TEXAS!!
Post a Comment