One of the things about moving here that got me the most excited was the food.
Those of you who know me well know that I live to eat!!
Cooking has been a little challenging, only because we still don't have our own kitchen items. I only have a couple of crummy pots, one lone baking sheet, a dull knife, and that is about it.
This morning, we went down to the Borough Market, which I'd heard so much about. It was amazing!! I could have eaten the entire day away. There were Italian monks selling Parma Ham, a thousand and one fromageries, a guy from Poland selling sausages, and tons of organic fruit & veg. I bought some Jersuleum artichokes, a Japanese Pumpkin, and some Comte cheese from the Borough Cheese Company. It was heaven. I can't wait to go back when I am better equipped to make some serious chow. I used the pumpkin to make some soup for dinner, and it was quite tasty, if very simple.
After that we headed down to Whole Foods to check out their cheese room. I chose goat log with Rind Soignon, organic Sheep Bastiaansen, and an unpasturized cow called Celtic Promise. Outstanding. I heart cheese.
I had hoped that they sold Aged Beef, but we couldn't find any cuts we liked. I want to make a special dinner for NYE, since we'll be solo this year. I bought some filets from the butcher for Christmas Eve, but I couldn't even eat it. THey don't age the beef here, and it tastes extremely gamey to me. Guess I'll have to go with a turkey or maybe some lobster.
Alright, I'm off to finish my mince pie and glass of Rioja before turning in early to bed. Ciao!
Saturday, December 29, 2007
Good Eats
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment